Arthritis Treatment Options
DID YOU KNOW…
The Bone & Joint Institute of South Georgia offers many treatment options for all forms of Arthritis.
“Arthritis” literally means inflammation of a joint. It is a painful disease that affects nearly 350 million people worldwide. Arthritis can make every day activities difficult and painful. The disease causes severe inflammation in the joints making movement difficult. Arthritis is the most common chronic ailment among the elderly, although it can affect people of any age.
SYMPTOMS OF ARTHRITIS INCLUDE:
- Pain (intermittent or sharp) in the joints, ankle, back, fingers,
hands, muscles, neck, or wrist
- Joints: stiffness, tenderness, or swelling
- Fatigue or malaise of the whole body
- Decreased range of motion or muscle weakness
- Bump or bony outgrowth in fingers or toes
- Limping, physical deformity, redness, or stiff neck
If you are experiencing any of these above symptoms… come in for a visit and a proper diagnosis. Our surgeons are trained in advanced treatment of degenerative diseases of the joints. We offer multiple anti-inflammatory medication options, injections and even surgical procedures that can help arthritis patients. Surgery is usually considered only after all conservative treatments have failed.