Apply for a Career with BJISG
To apply for a position at Bone & Joint Institute of South Georgia or Surgery Center of BJI, please submit your resumé along with the position you are applying for. Once we have reviewed your resume and if we feel your qualifications meet our needs, we will email you a response with an application.
We recommend including more information in your application to make sure we get a complete picture of your qualifications.
Because of the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond individually to each one. However, we do try to provide you with status updates, as they are available.
If you are selected for an interview, a manager will contact you. You may be asked to participate in more than one interview.
Materials Management and Sterile Processing Tech
- Collaborate with other managers to determine supply needs
- Purchase supplies and materials according to specifications
- Oversee the distribution of supplies in the organization
- Control inventory levels and ensure availability of material
- Maintain relationships and negotiate with suppliers
- Keep detailed records on procurement activity, materials quantity, specifications etc.
- Assist in forecasting to plan future orders
- Knowledge of surgical instrumentation and power equipment.
- Knowledge and operation of sterile processing equipment
- Document and maintain accurate sterilization records.
- Inspect, assemble and test general and specialty instrumentation for proper functioning.
- Perform simple maintenance on equipment (i.e.; clean filters and drains).
- Prepare trays for designated areas according to policies and procedures.
- Education: High school graduate or equivalent desired.
- Licensing: Nationally certified as a Central/Sterile Processing Technician (preferred), certified surgical tech (preferred).
- Training and experience: 3-5 years Central Service experience and/or completion of Central Service/Sterile Processing Technician course
The surgical technologist handles the instruments, supplies, and equipment necessary during the surgical procedure. He/she has an understanding of the procedure being performed and anticipates the needs of the surgeon. He/she has the necessary knowledge and ability to ensure quality patient care during the operative procedure and is constantly on vigil for maintenance of the sterile field. He/she will have knowledge of sterile processing and instrument care and handling.
Duties are as follows:
- Checks supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedure
- Scrubs, gowns and gloves
- Sets up sterile table with instruments, supplies, equipment, and Medications/solutions needed for procedure
- Performs appropriate counts with circulator prior to the operation and before incision is closed
- Gowns and gloves surgeon and assistants
- Helps in draping sterile field
- Passes instruments, etc., to surgeon during procedure
- Maintains highest standard of sterile technique during procedure
- Prepares sterile dressings
- Cleans and prepares instruments for terminal sterilization
- Assists other members of team with terminal cleaning of room
- Assists in prepping room for the next patient
- Obtains appropriate sterile and unsterile items needed for procedure
- Opens sterile supplies
- Checks patient’s chart, identifies patient, verifies surgery to be performed with consent forms, and brings patient to assigned operating room
- Transfers patient to operating room table
- Assesses comfort and safety measures and provides verbal and tactile reassurance to the patient
- Anticipates additional supplies needed during the procedure
- Performs other tasks and duties as required or requested.
- One to two years operating room experience preferred
- Orthopaedic experience preferred.
- Sterile processing experience a plus
PRN Perioperative Nurse
The Registered Nurse is responsible for delivering perioperative care to the surgical patient through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. The PRN works as a patient advocate exercising patient confidentiality while interacting with the patient with positive interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively manage and provide care for assigned patients for each specific patient population utilizing age-specific guidelines.
- Delivers patient care utilizing appropriate resources based on standards of care.
- Evaluates diagnostic tests related to patient condition and expected outcome of treatment plan.
- Performs and documents a nursing assessment to identify and prioritize patient’s needs, with development of a plan of care.
- Evaluates, reassesses and documents nursing interventions, based on interdisciplinary plan of care making revisions as appropriate.
- Practices Universal Precautions and follows all infection control policies
- Current Georgia RN license required
- Current American Heart Association BCLS (CPR) ACLS, PALS preferred,
- Operating room experience preferred
PROVIDER NURSE – RN / LPN
A provider nurse should possess excellent communication, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Provides care in the outpatient setting – meeting both the psychosocial and physical needs of the patient
- Serves as a support person and extension of the provider in caring for the patients
- Is a resource person and teacher. Care given reflects initiative and responsibility indicative of professional expectations
- Utilizes initiative and strives to maintain a steady level of productivity
- Is a self-starter, compatible and supportive… a team player
- Communicates on behalf of the patient
Qualifications & Experience
- LPN, or RN certification required
- Experience in orthopedics preferred
- Experience with medical coding a plus