Apply for a Career with BJISG
To apply for a position at Bone & Joint Institute of South Georgia or Surgery Center of BJI, please submit your resumé along with the position you are applying for. Once we have reviewed your resume and if we feel your qualifications meet our needs, we will email you a response with an application.
We recommend including more information in your application to make sure we get a complete picture of your qualifications.
Because of the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond individually to each one. However, we do try to provide you with status updates, as they are available.
If you are selected for an interview, a manager will contact you. You may be asked to participate in more than one interview.
ASC NURSE MANAGER
The Surgery Center of BJI, LLC is a rapidly expanding orthopaedic ASC. Our facility is currently seeking an enthusiastic individual with strong leadership qualities to facilitate our continued growth. Our team is passionate and dedicated to providing the best possible patient care. The environment is relaxed, professional, and a great place to work.
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing, with strong clinical and business skills. Advanced degree in nursing or business administration is a plus, but not required.
- Valid RN License
- BLS, ACLS, and PALS
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experienced in managing the clinical and business aspects of a surgery center including its operating rooms – minimum of two (2) years’ experience.
- Experienced in maintaining Medicare certification and JCAHO accreditation.
- Experienced with surgery center EHR and PM software systems.
- Excellent organizational, written and communication skills.
- Sets high standards with clear focus and direction.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills.
- Promotes a positive image.
- Ability to work well with others. Team builder.
- Neat and professional appearance.
The manager is responsible for the oversight and management of the ASC and reports directly to the Board of Directors. The manager is responsible for implementing the strategic plan and accomplishing the organizations’ goals and objectives.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Serves as resource and role model for staff.
- Develops policies & procedures that ensure patient safety, comfort, and quality.
- Analyzes clinical, technical and financial (revenue and expenditure) information to improve the organization.
- Evaluates, recommends, plans and implements new programs and services.
- Maintains top quartile performance in the areas of clinical quality, staff satisfaction, patient satisfaction, physician satisfaction, and financial (profitability) performance.
- Works with Human Resources to ensure consistent policy compliance.
- Selects and hires employees according to established guidelines.
- Ensures ongoing compliance with governmental, clinical, accreditation, and organizational requirement.
- Maintains effective working relationships with staff, peers, surgeons, and vendors.
- Performs other duties as assigned (ie-materials management, implant management, supply coordination, vendor relations, etc).
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Hearing: Adequate to perform job duties in person and over the telephone
- Speaking: Must be able to communicate clearly in person and over the telephone
- Vision: Visual acuity adequate to perform job duties, including reading information from printed sources and computer screens
- Other: Requires frequent bending, reaching, and repetitive hand movements, standing, walking, squatting, and sitting, with some heavy lifting, pushing and pulling exerted regularly throughout a regular work shift. Possible exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic and/or OR environment.
The Surgery Center of BJI, LLC offers a competitive salary and benefits package and a nice team to work with. We conduct credit, background and reference checks. To be considered for this position, send a cover letter detailing how your experience meets the expectations of this position, your salary requirements and your resume to email@example.com. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
A Medical Assistant prepares patients to see the physicians, facilitates lab tests and paperwork as needed, and assists the clinic nurse with clinical duties as directed. Position requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients.
- Greets patients and escorts them from the waiting room to exam rooms
- Obtains complete history and reviews current medications with patients
- prepares patients for exam or treatment
- Prepares rooms with necessary instruments and assists in minor procedures.
- Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments
- Performs venipunctures for labs as directed by provider
- Applies casts, Splints, and other durable medical equipment
- Performs patient education when appropriate and replenishes supplies.
Qualifications and Experience
- Certified Medical Assistant Preferred
- Previous experience in a medical office
- Previous Orthopedic experience a plus
- At least one year of experience in clinical assisting preferred
- Good communication skills
- Neat, professional look