Apply for a Career with BJISG
To apply for a position at Bone & Joint Institute of South Georgia or Surgery Center of BJI, please submit your resumé along with the position you are applying for. Once we have reviewed your resume and if we feel your qualifications meet our needs, we will email you a response with an application.
We recommend including more information in your application to make sure we get a complete picture of your qualifications.
Because of the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond individually to each one. However, we do try to provide you with status updates, as they are available.
If you are selected for an interview, a manager will contact you. You may be asked to participate in more than one interview.
Patient Care Coordinator
Pre-register all new patients and construct new patient charts. With a customer service orientation, greet patients in person or on the phone. Schedule all office visit appointments, verify insurance benefits and eligibility, route incoming phone calls to the appropriate department, facilitate referral process, check-in, check-out, and collect patient responsibility.
- High school diploma required
- College education or trade school preferred
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of two years experience working in a physician practice scheduling appointments
- Experience using an EHR/EMR
- Comfortable using email and interacting with Internet applications
- Computer literate—with keyboard skills and knowledge of practice management and word processing software
- Ability to work with patients and make them feel comfortable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Reliable and highly motivated
Job Type: Full-time