COVID-19: Information & Updates
Please watch this video message from Dr. Valosen for important information regarding the reopening of our clinics.
Throughout the last several weeks, we have continuously reviewed the guidelines set forth by various national medical organizations and Governor Kemp and have based our care protocols in the best interest and safety of our patients and staff. After thorough internal discussion, as well as following CDC guidelines, we will soon begin the phased reopening of all of our clinic locations and Surgery Center. Satellite offices (Waycross, Hinesville, and Baxley) will reopen Monday, May 4th with in-office visits still limited to emergent cases. We will resume normal in-office visits at all locations on Monday, May 11th. Obviously, this will come with new protocols for providers and staff, and we will ask patients to participate in these safety efforts as well. Our main concern is the safety of our patients and employees. Below is a list of what you can expect when you come to our offices:
- COVID-19 Screening– When you call to schedule your appointment, and again at the time of your appointment, our team will conduct a verbal health screening for COVID-19.
- Visitor Restrictions– Please plan to come to your appointment alone unless you are the parent or medical decision maker of the patient.
- Social Distancing– Our waiting rooms have been reconfigured to assist in maintaining the recommended 6 feet between patients.
- Hand Hygiene– We ask that everyone continue proper preventative hand hygiene by washing or sanitizing hands often and upon arrival at our office.
- Masks– All patients should bring their own mask from home and wear it during their visit. All BJI staff members are also wearing masks during this time.
Safety is our top concern and hope that you will help us in this effort. Please be patient as we work through this reopening process and adjust to this new normal. For patients that are not yet comfortable with coming into the office, Telehealth appointments are still available. Just ask the schedulers when you call, and they’ll walk you through the process. We look forward to seeing you all back in our offices!
Stay safe and healthy.
Continue to check our website and our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/bjisg) for further updates.